- What certifications are offered? – NPC Contracting, Inc. offers two different formats for certification:
- There is a combination self study/IN CLASS swimming pool operators training INSTRUCTION or,
- Certification is available upon successful completion of the NPC Contracting, Inc. CHALLENGE EXAM.
- What is the objective of the Swimming Pool Operators classroom certification course? – The objective of the classroom swimming pool operators certification course is to train students in the basic fundamentals of swimming pool operations. Applicants for the CLASSROOM course will receive a PDF copy of the study guide upon registration. In addition to the basic training provided in the class, it is necessary that the following minimum steps are required by the swimming pool operator, prior to the operation of any swimming pool:
What are the requirements for the NPC Contracting, Inc. swimming pool operators certification class? – The certification class is a combination of home study and in class instruction. After completion of the classroom portion a test will be administered. Upon successful completion of the proctored certification exam NPC Contracting, Inc. will issue a certification to the applicant that is valid for a period of three (3) years from date of issuance. The home study portion requires the applicant to study the “Guide to Professional Swimming Pool Operations” prior to attendance at the classroom portion of the course. The classroom experience includes a PowerPoint presentation, study review and a proctored exam. Contact your local Health Department to ascertain if the NPC Contracting course certification card meets the requirements of the Health Department in the jurisdiction that you are employed.
- Obtain sufficient knowledge of the swimming pool ordinance for the jurisdiction where the facility is located.
- Be thoroughly trained on the physical plant of the swimming pool facility that they will operate, by a trained swimming pool industry professional.
- Familiarize themselves with the specifics of the swimming pool facility.
- Comply with licensing requirements in the jurisdiction that the swimming pool is located in.
Although you may obtain certification at the age of 15, the minimum age to be a licensed pool operator is 16.
- What is the CHALLENGE EXAM - The NPC Contracting CHALLENGE EXAM has been approved for licensing in Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties in Virginia. The NPC Contracting CHALLENGE EXAM is a self study course. This format is geared toward individuals that have previously been licensed swimming pool operators as well as individuals that have experience with operating commercial swimming pools. This format is for individuals that have the ability and discipline to study independently. Applicants for the NPC Contracting CHALLENGE EXAM will receive study materials upon registration.
- What are the requirements for the NPC Contracting CHALLENGE EXAM? - The CHALLENGE EXAM is designed for individuals that are capable of studying and understanding the concepts necessary to properly operate a commercial swimming pool, specifically those that have previously held a swimming pool operators certification or those that have had experience in or around swimming pools. Applicants are provided with the “Guide to Professional Swimming Pool Operations” study guide as well as a PDF copy of the NPC Contracting PowerPoint presentation. Upon successful completion of the proctored CHALLENGE EXAM, NPC Contracting, Inc. will issue a certification card. Contact your local Health Department to ascertain if the NPC Contracting course certification card meets the requirements of the Health Department in the jurisdiction that you are employed.
IN ADDITION TO THE SPECIFICS LISTED ABOVE THE LICENSED SWIMMING POOL OPERATOR
MUST BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE A KNOWLEDGE OF SKILLS AT ALL SWIMMING POOLS
WHERE THEY ARE ACTING AS THE LICENSED CERTIFIED POOL OPERATOR.
- What is the cost of the courses? – The certification class is $125 early registration (at least 7 days prior to class date) OR $145 (within 7 days of class date). The cost to take the NPC Contracting CHALLENGE EXAM is $75 (at least 7 days prior to class date) OR $85 (within 7 days of class date). Accepted forms of payment are check or cash. Additionally, payment by PayPal (including credit cards) is available at an additional processing fee of $5 per applicant.
- Do I need to provide an ID? – There is a requirement that all applicants attempting to obtain certification to provide identification at the commencement of the class or CHALLENGE EXAM. Applicants must provide original government issued identification, along with a copy of that identification, to the instructor at the commencement of the class.
- What is the refund policy? - For cancellations a partial refund of the amount paid less $25 will be made if the refund request is received at least 15 days prior to the date of the class. Within 15 days of the date of class there is no refund.
- How do I register? – Click on the link for the mail-in application, which is located at the bottom on the the home page. Fill out the application and mail in the application to the address on the application, along with a check for the proper amount payable to NPC Contracting, Inc.
- What materials will I need to bring to the class? - It is suggested that you bring a copy of the study guide, paper for taking notes, a calculator (no mobile phone calculators are allowed) and two #2 pencils for the test.
- Are there study materials for the course and what is the cost? – There is a study guide (Guide to Professional Swimming Pool Operations) which is included in the price of the registration . The study guide is emailed to the student in a PDF format. The PDF requires Adobe Acrobat Reader which is a free download. You will need to download the study guide, print it, read the guide prior to the class and bring it to class.
- Is the study guide available for sale to people not registering for the class? – The PDF study guide is available for download at a cost of $25.
- Is there a certification provided? – After the applicant has successfully taken and passed the test a certification card is mailed to the applicant.
- Are replacement certification cards available - Replacement certification cards are available at a cost of $25. Please contact NPC Contracting, Inc., to obtain a replacement certification card.
- How long is the registration valid? – Both certifications are valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of the issuance of the certification card.
- What if I have questions? – Contact NPC Contracting, Inc. at 703-349-1065 or via email. The email address is: email@example.com